Friday, August 19, 2011

MH04 Live at Rockville, Belapur!!



A year ago, I went to attend Asar's gig at Inorbit, Vashi. Asar, by the way, is the kid Gaurav's second band. After the gig, the kid, my friend who accompanied me for the gig, and I, along with the rest of Asar's band members went up to the food court. While there, we somehow began talking about another Mumbai based band called MH04. MH04 is Thane based precisely, hence the name!

"Their 'Hey Ram' is a really good composition. Have you heard it?" the kid asked me.

"Of course I have! I've seen their live performance recording so many times. Man! They've got a really tagda vocalist!! Such a strong voice! And..." I turned to my friend and gushed excitedly, "...and he has a-w-e-some teeth!!"

That was almost a year ago. Ever since then, I have been following them (not yet stalking ;) ) and their creations. I played their songs often, each time listening to the creation of the musical ensemble, while trying to differentiate between the instruments played, grasping the words that were inspired by the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, admiring the strength and clarity in the vocalist's rendition, pausing at a few places just to check out his awesome teeth ;) I realized that it wasn't just the vocalist, every member of the troupe was a bundle of talent and skill. Check out this video to know what I'm talking about!!


Go to their facebook fan page or their reverbnation page and listen to 'Mera Safar' for some awesomeness :) I am completely in love with that song. Not a day goes without me listening to it!

How must I be feeling now, when I finally, after a year spent in admiration, have managed to grab the opportunity to watch this band perform live!!? Yes, the day has come when I can "watch" FOR REAL (yippieeee!!!) the vocalist- Anand, guitarists- Shakyamuni and Vikrant, bassist and pianist- Nikhil and their fresh new drummer- Aamir. (earlier, they had a female drummer!) filling the air with music for three divine hours!

They are performing at Rockville at Belapur, Navi Mumbai tonight and I am not going to let anything stop me from attending it!! How many of you Mumbaiyyas are joining me?

2 comments:

Jules said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Also.. there's so much to be said for a person with awesome teeth!

Jack said...

Shruti,

Read this in your other space and left comment. Do look that up.

Take care