Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shastra @Raghuleela update

So Shastra rocked!! Being a Hindi alternative rock band, they were the most soothing band to my ears. But the crazy crowd seemed to love heavy metal bands where the vocalists don't sing. They only roar. Like animals... let's take a dog for example. Whatever the dog says, we only hear 'bow wow'. Whatever heavy metal band vocalists say, I only hear "AAAARRRRRRRRR". Fools! The crowds went crazy with all the headbanging.


Even though Shastra did not get shortlisted into the finals (its just their FIRST public performance) my lovely kid Gaurav - Shastra's magical vocalist, and Joy- their gifted guitarist won individual awards for their performances. I think that is an awesome beginning. If you want to hear their songs, you can check out the videos of 'Shabd'- their first original composition here and 'Shayad' cover here.


I can't believe this post comes a whole month late :( Why am I not being able to write? :(



5 comments:

Vrij said...

Best wishes to ur kid and Shastra.

Btw.. how heavy was the metal? Tell them not to bang too much.. heavy metals might undergo nuclear fission!

Shruti Finally said...

Thanks Vrijji! Metal was so heavy that I ended up with a headache the whole next day :))

Sankoobaba said...

uhhh...many heavy metal bands..in India .. ape death/doom metal vocal style..of growling... they dont even sing-in-loud-voice like iron maiden or pantera...they just growl/gargle..in reality thats the only form of music I have not been able to like .. and I mean "growl" metal..other wise.. heavy metal rocks..there is nothing better to wake to than to some thrashing of drums and guitars and epic vocals..

ok..
i m drifiting away..good post..will try to listen shastra..even tho hindi rock seems to me more like hindi pop...still..do blog often..tc

--xh-- said...

dropping in to say that I am back here :)

Shruti Finally said...

Anoop: great to see u around! I feel like a guest here myself :(